Do you need assistance with your computer but are required to isolate or quarantine? Or, do you value your privacy, live out of our service area, or just not have time to bring your computer to our workshop or have someone come to your home?
We can still help!
Our Remote Support Service can tackle computer issues without having a technician pay you a visit.
Call us to book a time (same day) for a Remote Computer Support session
We connect using TeamViewer software
We diagnose and repair your computer while you watch!
What is Remote Computer Support?
Remote Support is where we login to your computer over the internet to diagnose, troubleshoot or repair your computer problems. Don’t worry, we can’t do this without your permission!
Our Remote Support Service is perfect for getting small problems solved such as removing viruses or malware, setting up and configuring apps and software, or just figuring out why your computer is running so slowly. We can also install drivers, setup email accounts and reset passwords, and yes, we can assist with both PCs and Macs on desktops and laptops.
What you should know
A lot of things can be fixed remotely, however, as our support software requires access via the internet if you are having network, wireless or internet issues you’ll need to book our technician to visit or bring your computer to our workshop. Hardware faults or corrupted operating systems will also require in-person support.
During your appointment, one of our qualified technicians will connect to your desktop, laptop or electronic device using an app called TeamViewer. This software allows us remote control of your device while also allowing you to see what we’re doing at all times.?
Our Remote Computer Support process
- Call or email PC Plus, or use the contact form at the bottom of this page. Let us know you’d like to book a Remote Support session and what time during business hours you’d prefer.
- Before booking, we’ll check what your computer issue is and confirm you agree to our fees which are $79 per half hour, with a minimum Diagnosis & Assessment charge of $79.
- Then, we’ll schedule a time (usually same day) for our technician to call you for a Remote Computer Support session.
- Before commencing the support, we’ll also ask you to supply your credit card details (over the phone).
- To begin the session, we’ll guide you through downloading and installing TeamViewer, which allows us access to your computer.
- Once we start you can can choose to stay on the phone with us, or we can call you back once the session is done. You can watch what we’re doing on your own computer screen, or just sit back and relax.
- At the end of the job we process your credit card for payment, charging per half hour, and then email you an invoice with the repair or diagnosis details.
- In the event your particular issue can’t be fixed remotely, we’ll provide a diagnosis and possible solutions for in-person repairs.
At any time during the session you can ask us questions and we’ll be happy to answer them.